Today I am going to review the Image to Word app version 1.0. This app employs optical character recognition (OCR) technology to convert images into an editable MS Word file.
Google play: Image to Word app
Here are the features (taken from Google play):
• Free conversions take 1 hour to complete
• Fast conversions are completed within seconds
• Excellent recognition and conversion quality.
• No limits on file size or number of converted files.
• Screenshots can be converted as well.
• Easily share converted documents or open them in another apps.
• The converted document is in the .docx format and immediately ready for further reuse.
• The new Word file is optimized for fast viewing and immediate analysis.
• Converted documents are editable so, if it is needed, you can quickly make small adjustments in any Word editor on your phone or computer.
The user interface is very simple and the app itself is very easy to use. Just add an image (1) (by selecting a photo from the gallery or taking a photo using the camera) and the app will ask you to crop it (2) and then convert it into a Word file (3). Note that for free users, there is an hour of conversion time so you have to purchase it if you do not want to wait for an hour.
To test this app, I used several images taken from the internet and converted them into a word file. Here are some samples:
Overall, the app gives a fairly accurate conversion (let’s say 70-100% accuracy most of the time). I think results also depend on the quality of the images. I observed that for sharp and clear images, the resulting conversion is quite satisfactory (usually 100% correct conversion). You will surely encounter errors in converting using blurry images, so make sure your images are of good quality.
I also took a photo and the result is good:
I have used an OCR software on my laptop and PC before and it was highly accurate. The software is able to convert images and pdfs into editable documents quickly. However, we cannot bring a laptop everywhere we go. Developing this app intended for convenient conversions is an awesome idea. So if you want conversions using your smartphone, just use this app for a hassle-free experience. Instead of retyping a whole article, now you only need to take a photo and convert it easily into text. Students will surely appreciate this.
As I have mentioned before, Image to Word offers free conversions but there is an hour of waiting time. If you want results immediately (within seconds), you can just purchase the app and all your conversions are covered (unlimited!).
Try this app!