“Musixmatch is the world’s largest collection of song lyrics used by millions of people to get instant synchronised lyrics for Youtube, Spotify, Pandora and more. You can also now use it to get song translations on the go” (Taken from Google play).
This app is the subject of my review for today – Musixmatch (4.5 stars)
KEY FEATURES (taken from Google play):
Musixmatch lets you:
• Enjoy song lyrics with music from Spotify, Youtube, Pandora, Apple Music, SoundCloud, Google Play Music and all your other favourite streaming services
• Tap on the real- time notification to display the Floating Lyrics widget and get the current track’s lyrics
• Easily learn new languages by displaying the translation of the lyrics, in time with music.
• Identify and get the lyrics to any song that’s playing around you with one tap
• Search for your favourite song by title, artist and even just using a single line of the lyrics
With Musixmatch you can also:
• Use the smart seek to find your favourite lyrics by easily skipping through a song using the the progress bar
• Share your favourite song lyrics on amazing backgrounds with the LyricsCard feature
• Play Youtube videos in full screen, on landscape mode, to enjoy the FloatingLyrics fully integrated with the video
• Play, pause, skip track from your lock screen
• Get notified instantly when new lyrics from your favourite artists are available
• Quickly and ea
sily find all your favorites on your profile
• Preview songs or watch their Youtube videos
• Collect your identified songs in a Spotify playlist
• Join our Community so you can submit all your favourite lyrics, put them in time with music and even have fun translating them
• Fetch song info and cover art for your songs.
WEARABLES & TV STREAMING
• Musixmatch is available on your Android Wear devices
• Enjoy Musixmatch at home casting local music and lyrics to your TV with Chromecast
I am currently using this app since most of the time I want to sing-along to my music. I can now look for lyrics with no hassle and is displayed on my screen as the music is played. There are 2 modes of lyrics viewing: the first is where you can see the lyrics as a whole (like the photo below) and the the other mode displays only the actual sentence where your song is actually on. I prefer the former.
You can also use this app to identify music, it will automatically search for the lyrics of the song you aren’t familiar with.
Another great feature is that you can use the app’s lyrics function alongside another app. I tried this by playing 24K Magic by Bruno Mars on Spotify, and voila! Lyrics were displayed quickly in a floating widget.
Overall, the pros of using this app are:
- automatically displays lyrics
- identifies lyrics of music currently playing anywhere (which you don’t recognize at all)
- allows editing of mp3 info/tags (like album photos etc)
- can be used alongside other music player apps like Spotify (I also tried using this with other players and it worked!)
- simple and easy to use user interface
The only con are the ads, but don’t worry the ads are not that disrupting and you can close them if they appear.